The Canadian Society for Mechanical Engineering (CSME) invites Canadian engineering undergraduate students to take part in the 2020 CSME National Design Competition. This competition will showcase outstanding undergraduate student Capstone design projects from across Canada, with a focus on Social Impact, Tackling Climate Change and Technical Expertise in Mechanical Engineering.
- Submission Form Available: April 1, 2020
- Submission Deadline: April 30, 2020
- Winners’ Announcement: June 24, 2020
Competition winners will be officially announced simultaneously at the CSME International Congress 2020 Awards Banquet and on NDC's website.
Best Design project prizes will be awarded for:
- Greatest Potential for Social Impact ($500)
- Capacity for Combating Climate Change ($500)
- Technical Prowess in Mechanical Engineering ($500)
- Projects can be submitted by individuals or teams of up to 8 students.
- All team members must be, or have been, registered students in an engineering program at a Canadian university in 2019-20.
- Projects must be completed as part of a Capstone type course.
Students are required to submit a short package via an online form that will outline the goals of the project, the design approach taken, the technical challenges and impact of their design. Additionally, students should submit a poster or short video giving more details of their project.
Judging will be done by a panel of distinguished judges, and prizes will be awarded for: Greatest Potential for Social Impact, Capacity for Combating Climate Change and Technical Prowess in Mechanical Engineering. All submissions should be made using the online form that will be made available closer to the submission date. Check the website (www.csme-ndc.ca) for updates.