Board positions: application/nomination form
CSME Members may apply or nominate a colleague for Board of Directors' positions/roles at any time. The CSME promotes the integration of equity, diversity and inclusion-related considerations in its nominating and committee appointment practices, and therefore encourages applications and nominations that are reflective of the diversity of the ME community. The current Application/Nomination process is as follows:
Nominations to the Board of Directors:
- The Nominating Committee of the CSME shall be composed of members of the Executive Committee, and other members if deemed necessary and selected by the Executive Committee. The most immediate living Past-President shall serve as Chair of the Nominating Committee.
- Each year, the Nominating Committee shall submit a report containing a recommended slate of candidates for all CSME Board positions at least 30 days prior to the Annual Meeting of Members (AGM), at which place and time formal appointments or elections are to be held.
- No fewer than 90 days prior to CSME's annual general meeting, the Nominating Committee shall seek applications/expressions of interest from eligible Members for possible nomination as Directors for the available positions. This notice may be sent by email to all members or be placed in the previous fall issue of the Bulletin.
- To be considered for a position on the Board of Directors, a CSME Member in good standing must apply (or be nominated by a colleague) by submitting an expression of interest to the Nominating Committee. Such applications must identify the CSME position of interest, why they are interested, and include their brief curriculum vitae/resume.
- If any vacancy occurs (due to resignation or termination) in any Board of Directors position other than that of President, the Nominating Committee shall review recent applications/expressions of interest, or solicit new ones, in order to present nominations to the Board of Directors to fill the vacancy as soon as possible. The CSME President may appoint any CSME member to act in a vacant position, with voting privileges if applicable, until formal appointment is approved at the next AGM.
To apply or nominate someone, please submit a completed application/nomination form (click to download) together with a brief CV/resume, to:
Mina Hoorfar, CSME Chair of Nominations Committee (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Cc: Guy Gosselin, CSME Executive Director (email@example.com)
Personal information will be kept confidential.