Submitted by kiera on Sun, 09/11/2016 - 16:40
Since its founding in 1970, CSME has strived to form a single organization - with a clear national identity - for Canadian mechanical engineers. CSME's mission is outlined in the following points.
- To advance the quality and scope of mechanical engineering in Canada;
- To stimulate the application of mechanical engineering for the benefit of mankind;
- To promote the creation, exchange, diffusion of an access to technical and other information relevant to mechanical engineering for both technical and public interest;
- To co-operate with, and provide assistance to, all levels of government and their regulatory bodies on matters concerned with, or involving the use of engineering technology and the practice of mechanical engineering;
- To direct studies and make reports on matters of national, regional and local interest affected by mechanical engineering technology;
- To collaborate with universities and other educational institutions to advance the relevance and effectiveness of mechanical engineering education at all levels;
- To foster intra-national and international contacts, and co-operation in mechanical engineering and allied fields;
- To do all such other things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objects.