Membership Categories and Fee Structure
Below is an overview of the annual fees for different CSME membership categories. All memberships follow the calendar year and must be renewed before 31 January. If you are joining as a new member on or after 1 November, your membership will be valid until 31 December of the following calendar year.
Before making a payment, please review our return and refund policy.
If you wish to renew your current membership, please go to this page or click "Renew" in the applicable box below.
Free— Annual (CAD) —
- Students who are currently enrolled in a full-time diploma program bachelor's program or graduate program in mechanical engineering are eligible for a free student membership.
First Year Membership
$85— Annual (CAD) —
- Members who qualify for regular or technology memberships are eligible for a discounted fee in their first year of membership.
$140— Annual (CAD) —
- A regular member must hold a recognised university degree in a field related to mechanical engineering.
$45— Annual (CAD) —
- Members who provide evidence of retirement from active employment are eligible for a discounted retired membership.
$110— Annual (CAD) —
- A technology member is a graduate of a Mechanical Engineering Technologist Program or equivalent.
2nd Society Membership
$75— Annual (CAD) —
- Members who are full paid members of another EIC Constituent Society are eligible for second society membership in the CSME. Please first contact the CSME Office to provide proof of payment in your main technical society.
$175— Annual (CAD) —
- The grade of Fellow recognizes exceptional distinction in the profession. It is conferred by the CSME Awards committee upon peer nomination of members with extraordinary records of accomplishments in mechanical engineering.
Fellow For Life Membership
-— - —
- The option of paying a single lifetime fee for a fellowship has been revoked by the CSME Board at its 29 May 2017 meeting. Past Life Fellows are unaffected by this decision.
The CSME membership fee is non-refundable except for cases where a multiple payment occurred by error. In case of a multiple payment, please contact us for a refund with your credentials and full details of the payments made. All other queries about memberships and payments should also be directed to the CSME Office:
P.O. Box 40140
Tel: (613) 400-1786
Want to help the Society develop new programs, activities and recruit new members?
Please consider making a donation to the CSME.