Dr. Kamran Behdinan, Professor, U of T, PEng, FCSME
Dr. Hamid Akbarzadeh, Assistant Professor, McGill Univ.
The objectives of the CSME Engineering Design and Analysis Technical Committee (CSME-EDA) shall be to promote, foster, organize and coordinate various activities concerning EDA in Canada and to represent Canada’s interests in EDA at the international level. The CSME-EDA Technical Committee shall serve as a formal vehicle for overseeing and coordinating conferences, colloquia, symposia, and other technical meetings, and it shall promote innovation and excellence in research, commercial and academic activities in the general area of EDA that take place within Canada. These functions shall be performed and coordinated on behalf of CSME, according to the CSME Roles, Responsibilities and Guidelines of TCs.
Advanced Design Methods, Design for Manufacturing, Systems Design, Product Design, DFX, Design in OBE, Advanced Computational Analysis (FE/CFD/Multiphysics/Multiscale), Design of Multifunctional Materials and Structures.
Membership List: TBD
The CSME-EDA Technical Division is primarily devoted to promote research and the dissemination of knowledge in the areas identified as dealing with Engineering Design and Analysis, such as:
· Theoretical and applied optimal design
· Multidisciplinary Engineering Analysis, Design, and optimization
· Artificial intelligence and knowledge based systems in design
· Computational Aided Engineering in design
· Concurrent design
· Design for manufacture
· Multiscale Modeling and Analysis
· Systems Design
· Design Methods
· Virtual reality in design
· Design in virtual manufacturing and virtual prototyping
- CSME Congress 2020: SYMPOSIUM ON Advanced Design and Analysis of Multifunctional Materials and Structures, UPEI Canada
- The Degin Society: Design 2020 Conference, postponed
- CSME Congress 2019